EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE
AROUND THE WORLD LIVE
~4DVD SET OUT JUNE 25~
NEW YORK, NY (April 29, 2013)—Eagle Rock Entertainment is proud to announce the issue on June 25, 2013 of Jethro Tull set Around The World Live [Pre-book Order Date May 31, MSRP $39.98]. This Book + 4 Music DVD set comes in deluxe hardback packaging for Jethro Tull collectors and contains a wealth of previously unreleased material. The release features performances of classic tracks including: “Aqualung,” “Cross-eyed Mary,” “Living In The Past,” “Too Old To Rock’n’Roll, Too Young To Die,” “Orion,” “Minstrel In The Gallery,” “Heavy Horses,” “Thick As A Brick,” “Nothing Is Easy,” “Budapest,” “Life Is A Long Song,” and many more.
This superb set pulls together material from Jethro Tull concerts across their career and filmed at some of their many stopovers around the globe. It reaches back as far as the legendary Isle Of Wight Festival in 1970 and as recently as the Estival in Lugano, Switzerland in 2005. Much of the material is previously unreleased. The set is packaged in a 19cm x 14cm 32 page hardback book with 2 discs in each inside cover. Disc 3 of Around The World Live offers an insightful interview with Ian Anderson from the Hilversum 1999 session.
The book contains photos from Ian Anderson’s personal archive and a text on all the different shows by Joel McIver. Around The World Live charts Jethro Tull’s ever evolving music through blues to rock to folk to electronica with a frequently changing line-up anchored by the ever present frontman Ian Anderson.
Around The World Live charts the global success of one of rock’s favorite acts. Highlighting the band’s illustrious career and phenomenal concerts, this is treasure trove of Jethro Tull material.
Eagle Rock Entertainment is the largest producer and distributor of music programming for DVD, Blu-Ray, TV, Audio and Digital Media in the world. Eagle works directly alongside talent to produce top quality, High Definition and 3D programs, both concerts and documentaries, including The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen, The Doors, Jeff Beck, U2, Peter Gabriel, Paul McCartney and Ozzy Osbourne. Eagle is a Grammy Award winning company and has received over 30 multi-platinum, over 50 platinum and over 90 gold discs, worldwide. Eagle Rock Entertainment has offices in London, New York, Toronto, Paris and Hamburg.
Follow Eagle Rock Entertainment at:
Isle Of Wight, England, 1970:
1) My Sunday Feeling 2) My God
Line-Up: Ian Anderson – vocals, flute, guitar; Martin Barre – guitar; Clive Bunker – drums; Glenn Cornick – bass; John Evan – keyboards
Tampa, Florida, USA, 1976:
1) Quartet (intro) 2) Thick As A Brick 3) Wond’ring Aloud 4) Crazed Institution 5) Barre (instrumental) / Drum Solo 6) Medley: To Cry You A Song / A New Day Yesterday / Bourée / God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen 7) Living In The Past / Thick As A Brick 8) A New Day Yesterday (reprise) 9) Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die 10) Minstrel In The Gallery 11) Extract from Beethoven’s Symphony No.9 (Molto Vivace)
Line-Up: Ian Anderson – vocals, flute, guitar; Barriemore Barlow – drums; Martin Barre – guitar; John Evan – keyboards; John Glascock – bass
Munich, Germany, 1980:
1) Aqualung 2) Dark Ages 3) Home 4) Orion 5) Too Old To Rock ‘n’ Roll, Too Young To Die 6) Cross-eyed Mary 7) Minstrel In The Gallery 8) Locomotive Breath 9) Dambusters March
Line-Up: Ian Anderson – vocals, flute, guitar; Barriemore Barlow – drums; Martin Barre – guitar; John Evan – keyboards; David Palmer – keyboards; Dave Pegg – bass
Dortmund, Germany, 1982:
1) Pussy Willow 2) Heavy Horses
Line-up: Ian Anderson – vocals, flute, guitar; Martin Barre – guitar; Gerry Conway – drums; Dave Pegg – bass; Peter Vettese – keyboards
Loreley, Germany, 1986:
1) Black Sunday
Line-up: Ian Anderson – vocals, flute, guitar; Martin Barre – guitar; Dave Pegg – bass; Doane Perry – drums; Peter Vettese – keyboards
Santiago, Chile, 1996:
1) Roots To Branches 2) Rare And Precious Chain 3) Thick As A Brick 4) In The Grip Of Stronger Stuff 5) Dangerous Veils 6) Aqualung / Aquadiddly 7) Nothing Is Easy 8) Bourée 9) In The Moneylenders’ Temple 10) My God 11) Locomotive Breath
Hilversum, Holland, 1999:
1) Some Day The Sun Won’t Shine For You 2) Thick As A Break 3) Locomotive Breath 4) The Secret Language Of Birds 5) Dot Com 6) Fat Man 7) Bourée 8) In The Grip Of Stronger Stuff
London, England, 2001:
1) Cross-eyed Mary 2) Hunt By Numbers 3) My Sunday Feeling
Montreux, Switzerland, 2003:
1) Some Day The Sun Won’t Shine For You 2) Life Is A Long Song 3) Living In The Past
Lugano, Switzerland, 2005:
1) Aqualung Intro 2) For A Thousand Mothers 3) Nothing Is Easy 4) Jack In The Green 5) Serenade To A Cuckoo 6) Beggar’s Farm 7) Boris Dancing 8) Weathercock 9) We Five Kings 10) Up To Me 11) Bourée 12) Mother Goose 13) Empty Café 14) Farm On The Freeway 15) Hymn 43 16) A New Day Yesterday 17) Budapest 18) Aqualung 19) Locomotive Breath 20) Protect And Survive 21) Cheerio
Line-up (1996 / 1999 / 2001 / 2003 / 2005):
Ian Anderson – vocals, flute, guitar; Martin Barre – guitar; Andy Giddings – keyboards; Jonathan Noyce – bass; Doane Perry – drums
# # #